“Just Zip It!”
- Practice makes perfect. Give your child opportunities to zip and unzip. Present your child with sweaters, coats, pants, zip-loc bags, pocket books, etc., all of which have zippers.
- Demonstrate how to hold the bottom of the clothing with one hand and then the zipper with the other.
- Allow your child to watch as you zip and unzip your jacket.
- Place the article of clothing on your child.
- Stand behind your child and physically assist with zipping and unzipping.
- Regularly instruct as your child attempts to zip and unzip clothing.