“Don’t Look Down Your Nose At Me!”
- Leave a box of tissues within your child’s reach.
- Make sure the tissue is soft so it doesn’t irritate your child’s nose.
- During play, tell your child that the doll or stuffed animal has a cold. Give your child a tissue and instruct your child to wipe their nose.
- Wipe your child’s nose and have your child wipe yours.
- When your child has a runny nose or sneezes, hand your child a tissue. Wait to see if your child uses the tissue appropriately.
- If necessary, guide your child’s hand to assist with wiping.