“Are You Talking To Me?”
- Establish and maintain eye contact when talking to your child. It is an important cue in interactions that indicates to others that we are interested and listening to what they are saying.
- Be animated and over-exaggerate vocal and facial expressions.
- Children tend to love music. Singing songs and nursery rhymes are a great way to introduce a wide range of speech sounds.
- Vary your pitch and melody while singing. Pause every now and then to give your child a chance to respond.
- Smile, praise, talk, and hug your child to encourage responses.