“Tell Me A Story”
- Read your child books over and over again. Leave out certain parts to see if he notices. Pause, and look at your child, to prompt a response.
- Change the story slightly.
- Call the characters by the wrong names.
- Point to the pictures in the book and describe what is going on.
- Make up your own stories and characters. Include your child’s friends and family members. Prompt him to give input and include it in the story.
- Pause during the course of the story, giving your child a chance to talk. If he does not respond, elicit a response by asking a question, than model the response if necessary.