- Present your child with multiple objects at one time.
- Count the objects along with your child.
- Combine counting words with the use of words such as more, most, few, some, rest, all.
- Read books to your child and look for pictures that have many items on one page. Ask him questions related to the quantity (e.g., How many? Show me one, two, etc.).
- Have your child help you collect various numbers of objects. Place them in piles. Point to the piles and ask questions related to quantities (e.g., Which one has more? Which one has the most? Please give me some/all of _____).