“Wipe That (Messy) Look Off Your Face!”
- Give your child opportunities to wipe his face with a cloth, towel, blanket, tissue and wipes.
- Point to the napkin and then to your child’s face.
- Physically place the napkin in your child’s hand and guide it toward his face.
- During play, have your child wipe the doll’s face and hands. Then have your child do the same on his own face.
- Verbally instruct your child to use a napkin during meals to clean his own face while you are physically wiping your face.
- When taking a bath, have your child wash hands and face with a washcloth.
- Give your child a napkin during all meals and snacks.
- With practice, your child will learn to use a napkin appropriately.