“SNAP TO IT!”
- Have your child practice snapping on coats, pants, shirts, and sweaters that your child is not wearing.
- Demonstrate how to hold one piece of the snap with one hand and the other piece of the snap with the other.
- Show your child how to gently press the two pieces together to snap and then pull them apart to unsnap.
- Have your child practice snapping and unsnapping on clothing which are being worn by you or a doll.
- Place the article of clothing on your child.
- Stand behind your child and physically assist with snapping and unsnapping.
- As your child attempts to snap and unsnap clothing, verbally instruct throughout the process.
- Fade away cues as your child becomes more independent with snapping and unsnapping clothing.