“Sharing Is Caring”
- “Plug In” and go along with what your child is interested in. Have close face to face contact while engaged in the activity.
- Share in the things your child enjoys and identify his focus of attention.
- Activities may include clapping to music, shaking a rattle, “Peek-a-boo,” and playing with other various toys.
- Discontinue the activity for a few seconds to see if your child will initiate the interaction.
- Continue the activity using gestural, contextual, verbal and physical prompts to guide your child.
- Reduce cues as your child begins to share attention with you.