Knowing the Proper Place for Objects and Toys
“Have You Seen The Cordless Phone?”----
“No, But Why is the Dog Ringing?”
- Everything has a place. During daily routines, show and tell your child where things are located (shoes in the closet, coat on the coat rack, toys in the toy box).
- Place your child’s toys and other items in specific locations (e.g., books on a shelf, cars in the bin, balls in a box, etc).
- Get your child’s attention as you remove and replace toys and objects from their appropriate locations.
- Ask your child to retrieve objects and see if he knows where they are kept. Later ask your child to put them back.
- Provide helpful hints as your child attempts to put toys and objects away (The ball goes in the box next to the books).