Imitating Adult Actions
“Do As I Do (AND as I say)”
- Allow your child to participate as you do household chores.
- When preparing meals, give your child a spoon to help mix.
- Give your child a sponge or paper towel to help clean the table or wipe up a spill.
- Have your child help you push the vacuum.
- Prompt your child to put dirty clothes in the laundry and clean ones in the appropriate drawers.
Give your child…
- Trash to put into the garbage
- A broom to sweep with
- A duster to dust with