“Name, Rank, and Cereal Number”
- Talk on the play telephone with your child. Introduce yourself with your first and last name, than ask him “Who’s this?” If your child only gives the first name, say “Junior what?”
- Play with action figure dolls or puppets. Give each a first and last name, then ask your child their names.
- Introduce family members and friends, using both first and last names.
- Address and greet your child using both first and last name.
- Call your child by the incorrect name. Say “Hi, Mary Jane,” and pause to see if he responds. Then say, “You’re not Mary Jane, you are Junior” (give his first and last name).