“Christopher Columbus, Magellan, and Now: Your Child!”
- Create opportunities for your child to safely explore household objects.
- Empty one or two drawer cabinets and place various objects, toys, Tupperware and nonperishable foods in them.
- Place your child’s name on the outside of the cabinet or drawer.
- Instruct that these are your child’s cabinets and drawers whose contents can be played with.
- Sit with your child and explore the items in the cabinets and drawers. Allow your child to take out one item at a time or all of them.
- Have your child explore by touching, listening, tasting and looking at the items.
- Ask your child to describe what he is feeling, hearing, tasting and seeing.