“Get yourself together”
Assembling toys and objects is “MAGICAL” because it greatly
E-X-P-A-N-D-S Your child’s play possibilities.
- Play with sets that must be assembled. (e.g., trains, Legos, horses-and-wagons, etc).
- Place caps back onto magic markers and place crayons in box.
- Assemble many versions of “Mr. Potato Head” (repeat your child’s favorite versions).
- Prompt & fade guidance of your child’s hands/objects.
- “Show-off” your abilities in an animated way.
- Cue by pointing to the next piece to be put together.
- Use instructions such as “Next comes this piece”.