“Which Way Is Up?”
- During play activities, place your child’s blocks on top of each other, animals in the barn, trains under and over a bridge and through a tunnel.
- Present your child with directions that involve location (e.g., put the ball in the box, put the block under the chair, put the ball next to the chair). Help him place the objects in the correct location. Then ask, “Where is the block?”
- Model the response for your child if necessary and point to the location of the object.
- Have your child help with cleanup (e.g., put the blocks on the shelf, put the cars in the bin, and put crayons in the box).
- Play “Find the Objects.” Hide objects around the room, and give your child directions on how to find them.