“How Many Times Do I Have To Tell You To HANG UP YOUR COAT!!?”
If your child is reluctant to hang up a coat, hat, etc, he may have some difficulty remembering where the clothes go. Here’s how you can help:
- Let your child help you make a name tag for the clothing hook. If he helps you identify a “spot”, Your child may be more excited to hang the coat there consistently.
- Make sure that your child understands what a clothing hook is for. If not, explain it with simple words.
- Show your child how to use the tag inside the coat to hang on the hook. This may make it easier to hang. If your child hangs it by the collar, it may fall off.
- Once your child is consistently hanging a coat on a hook, he may be able to learn how to put a coat on a “hanger”.
- Show your child how to put the ends of the hanger into both armholes. Encourage him to button the top button of the coat if necessary to keep it from falling off.