Are you some sort of wise apple?
Nature thrives through giving and receiving. In order to inhale, we must exhale. To receive a handshake, we must give one. If the flow of blood and of rivers is stagnated, the result is suffocation of life. A single seed can create an entire forest, as long as the seed is not hoarded. Instead, the seed must “give itself” to the fertile soil.
Every relationship is one of giving and receiving. Some relationships are transient and superficial, yet important (e.g., you and the toll collector). Other relationships are longer lasting and deeper (e.g., friends, co-workers, family).
In healthy relationships, the more we give the more we receive (e.g., love, knowledge, laughter, attention, appreciation, peace, joy, etc.). To be a “Maximum Strength Parent”, give freely and wisely for the purpose of creating happiness for yourself and for others.
- There is no delight in owning anything unshared. -Seneca
- The best things in life aren’t things. -Hawaiian Proverb
- They who give have all things; They who withhold have nothing. -Hindu Proverb
- For every little action, there’s a reaction. - Bob Marley
- Give and it will be given to you. It is more blessed to give than to receive. -Jesus of Nazareth
- Not what we give, but what we share, For the gift without the giver is bare. -James Russell Lowell
- Anyone can count the number of seeds in an apple; But no one can count the number of trees in a seed. -Anonymous