“Where Is That Noise Coming From?”
Children often search for a sound source as his interest in the sound presented increases. Reactions become apparent when your child turns his head, inhibits body movements, or searches for the sound source.
- Encourage your child to orient to sounds by turning, looking, reaching, or moving in the direction of the sound stimulus.
- Place your child on your lap or in front of you so that you are face to face.
- Vocalize while moving to the right, to the left and then back to the middle.
- Guide your child’s head to follow your voice and other sounds presented.
- Present sounds out of your child’s field of vision.
- Bring the sound back into your child’s sight and then change the location of the sound.