Going To Specific Rooms On Request
- Take your child on a “tour” of the house. As you enter each room, name it as well as a few of your child’s favorite things in the room.
- Have your child arrange pieces in appropriate rooms of a dollhouse.
- Ask your child to retrieve objects from the “proper” room that only that item would be located (e.g., cup from the kitchen).
- Guide your child toward the room named
- As you are approaching the room point toward it
- Give your child verbal hints (the contents of the room, any distinctive characteristics).