“Dressed to the Nines”
- Give your child opportunities to assist with dressing.
- Make dressing fun and interesting for your child.
- Make sure the environment is relaxed and calm.
- Play games, such as “Peekaboo” as you pull on your child’s shirt.
- Create absurdities, such as placing your child’s socks on your head or shirt on your foot.
- Partially place your child’s clothing on the appropriate body parts. Prompt him to complete the task.
- Give your child your clothing to play dress up. Your clothing is easier to put on.
- Place your child in front of the mirror for visual feedback while dressing.
- Provide assistance when necessary. Remove prompts as your child becomes more independent at dressing.