“Message in a Bottle: MMMMM!”
- Position your child at a 90-degree angle.
- Make sure both you and your child are comfortable and supported.
- Present a bottle to your child, gently placing the nipple in his mouth.
- Once your child is drinking for a few seconds, gently guide your child’s hands so that they are around the bottle.
- Extend the bottle a few inches away from your child’s mouth. Wait and see if he reaches for it. If not, bring his hands to the bottle.
- Let go of the bottle for brief periods of time, then fully, once your child is able to independently hold it.
- Follow the above steps for all feedings.