“The Art of Conversation: Con (meaning with) Verse (as in poetry)”
- Give your child opportunities to engage in social interactions with adults and peers such as setting up playgroups with friends and family members).
- Talk to your child throughout the day.
- Elaborate and expand on what your child says.
- Model conversations with adults and peers.
- Prompt your child to greet people, ask your child questions, describe objects, convey messages, recall experiences.
- Instruct your child to use language, even if you have to tell him what to say.