“Dry As A Bone”
- Encourage your child to wash hands as part of daily routines (e.g., before eating, after toileting, when coming in from outdoors, after messy activities, etc).
- Provide your child with a cloth towel or paper towel after each washing. Show your child how to wipe hands with the part of the towel that is hanging.
- Provide your child with opportunities to wash dishes, dolls, and toys and then dry them.
- Model washing and drying hands. Show your child how to wipe off the front and back of the hand.
- Verbally instruct your child to dry hands.
- Physically assist your child through the motion of drying hands until able to do it independently.