“The Whole Is More Than The Sum Of Its Parts”
- Verbalize to your child as you point out parts of larger objects (e.g., wheels of a car, nose of a person, tail of a horse, legs of a chair, door of a car).
- Present your child with various objects or pictures (especially his favorite toys, animals, and photographs of family members).
- Use a Mr. Potato Head as it has many removable body parts (point to each and name them).
- Talk about the many different parts of a person, toy, or object.
- As you present these objects to your child have him touch the different parts of the item as you label them.