“Don’t Cry Over Spilt Milk!”
- Allow your child to assist with household chores.
- Give your child a cloth, a dishtowel, or a paper towel.
- Physically guide your child through the motions of wiping.
- Model wiping up a spill.
- Narrate the actions as you wipe up the spill.
- Put a small amount of water into a spray bottle.
- Allow your child to spray the water bottle as you clean with other agents such as Windex or Fantastic.
- Verbally encourage your child to wipe up the water.
- Proudly watch as your child independently wipes up spills.