“SCRUB in the TUB”
- Give your child a basin, a bar of soap and a washcloth.
- Provide your child with opportunities to wash dolls, toys, and dishes.
- Guide your child’s hand to assist with washing.
- Model washing on your child or a doll.
- Point to your child’s body parts as you wash them.
- Verbally instruct your child to go through the motions of washing.
- Have your child take the dolls in the bath. As you wash, have your child wash the dolls.
- Allow your child to play with foam or liquid soap. Prompt your child to rub the soap on a washcloth and then on a body part.